Monday 3 June 2013

Western Australia Day

On the first Monday in June each year, Western Australia commemorates the foundation of the Swan River Colony on 1 June 1829. Today, here I am in Buckinghamshire, England on a glorious Spring day, with much the same weather that Perth experienced today. I am more likely to see a White Swan rather than the Black namesake of our beautiful Swan River, but I will sit back and celebrate my home State, forever thankful that Perth is the place of my birth.

Black Swans
The Iconic Black Swan

Sandbar
The Sandbar, Point Walter

Fishing Boat Harbour
Fishing Boat Harbour, Fremantle

Skyline
Perth City skyline

Blackwall Reach
Blackwall Reach

Sunset
Swan River sunset

As the sun sets over the Swan River today, I will immerse myself in the backlog of adventures and photos I have accumulated over the past nine weeks. We have had a visitor from Australia and I have been out and about with little time to sit and write so stay tuned, lots of UK Spring adventures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment