Tuesday 30 April 2013

Daffodils herald Spring


I grew up in Perth, Western Australia, where you occasionally saw Spring daffodils in private gardens. The bulbs had to be dug up and stored in a cool place to be replanted every year, so they were are real treat and nowhere near as prolific as here in England! I have been enraptured with the daffodils this Spring and amazed by the variety out there, in the fields, in private and public gardens and by the road.

I now understand why my British friends who live in faraway lands, miss the Spring daffodils so much. I don't want it to end, but the end is in sight, the daffodil season nearly over. Here are some of my favourite photos taken over the last few weeks, from Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and even Hertfordshire. Enjoy their sunny little faces!

UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils



UK Daffodils




UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils




UK Daffodils


UK Daffodils


No comments:

Post a Comment